Tales From The Crypt - Friday 1st October 2021

Going backwards!  I'm not aware that I slept at all last night, but I guess I must have, even if only briefly. I am aware, however, that my brain was racing and unable to settle for most, if not all, the night.  I am assuming this is a blip and things will settle down, but it is a pain in the. I must try and martial my meditation skills, though rational thought is quite difficult in the middle of the night when your brain is stuck in a tight CPU loop.

Work, through a fog of tiredness and the final waves of cold turkey (can turkey come in waves? There is no answer to that!)

Despite the rain early in the day I did manage to hit my walking target, unlike several other days this week. I've decided it's a goal rather than something that has to be done, regardless of how I feel.  To err is to be human.

After work I spent a bit of time working out what I'll need to take with me on Monday and what I need to organise before I go. It looks like my wife is fully stocked with supplies and no orders are required until late next week. Fingers crossed! 

Dinner on my own again, so I watched the first episode of a BBC4 series about the history of Science Fiction, presented (written by, too, I guess?) Dominic Sandbrook. I looked around for some music programmes which were mostly not my cup of tea, apart from a Sky Arts programme about the album 'Morrison Hotel' which I caught the last moments of and then downloaded to watch later. Flipping through the channels I caught a bit of 'The Devil Rides Out', which is a favourite, schlocky, devil-worship horror film, with Christopher Lee as a good guy, for a change.  I've seen it so many times that after the opening scenes, I thought, 'Nah, I know what happens next, can't be bothered!' and left it there.

To bed, to read and then, well, I don't want to jinx it, so I'll not say the word.

The Dandy Warhols / 'Sleep' / 'Thirteen Tales From Urban Bohemia'



[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020