Tales From The Crypt - Friday 29th October to Monday 1st November 2021

A radical departure (well, not that radical I guess!) as this is the first blog I've written covering multiple days. It may well not be the last time I do this!

Friday was the first day of leave at the start of a long weekend away, and began with some shopping and washing before heading off for the weekend at around 11 a.m.

A little before 1 p.m. I arrive at a friend's house on the south coast and a weekend away from the pressures of life (fingers crossed) begins...

Between Friday and Monday we go for a Turkish meal, walk lots, get a Chinese meal delivered, drink Champagne, make a roast dinner, watch and laugh a lot at Derry Girls, listen to music, and go sight seeing around the Solent ending up in Hamble, former home of the Air Traffic Control training school, not to mention its other aviation connections. In the course of the weekend I discover a card game I'd never heard of called 'Cards Against Humanity' which the box describes as 'A Party Game For Horrible People'. On my return home I share this discovery with son #2 only to find out I am probably the only person in the known universe who doesn't know about it. Not only has son #2 played it, but so have all his brothers and everyone else, apart from me. I have ordered a copy based on the fact that a) it's fun and b) FOMO.

During my drive home from the south coast on Monday evening and get a call from the carers to say that somehow (it's never happened in 5 or 6 years) E has pulled her catheter out of her abdomen, and we have to call out the local out of hours nurses to re-insert a new one. Me going away seems to be cursed!

I get home at around 6:45 p.m. and the nurses arrive at around 9 p.m., with the opening gambit that the catheter should really be re-inserted within the hour of removal, otherwise things start sealing up.  Given it came out potentially as long as 7 hours earlier (and no less than 3) the plan C option is another trip to hospital in an ambulance, a prospect neither of us relish.  Amazingly E's muscles etc have not sealed up and the normal size 14 catheter is re-inserted and flow begins again, we are really grateful to the nurses and I thank them and breathe a sigh of relief.

Time for bed said Zebedee.

The Farmer's Boys / 'A Promise You Can't Keep' / 'Get Out & Walk' 



[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020