Tales From The Crypt - Thursday 25th November 2021

Another day punctured by what's going on a few miles away in the hospital. My brain is split between work and making sure everything is in hand with regards to E at hospital.

Obviously a day of work primarily, so the usual rules apply.

News from the hospital is that E will be staying overnight and is most likely to be in over the weekend, though I won't know for certain until tomorrow. Not the news I was hoping for, but then again I guess she's in the best place possible, given the infection.

Mid-afternoon I got a call from the hospital asking me to bring in some of E's feed, which the hospital doesn't normally have, and so I decide I'll probably have to miss the Idler drinks call tonight and go to hospital after work. I put together five bottles of the feed, just in case, and prepare to drive there after work.

My final work call finishes around 6 p.m., after which I get ready to visit the ward where E is staying.  Off now...

...back from hospital, having dropped off the feed and visited E, who is fast asleep all the time I am there.  On the way home I catch up with a friend, before returning for a nearly normal Thursday evening, too late to join the Idler drinks.

During the evening, before making dinner with son #2, I call my mother-in-law to update her on things, followed by a catch-up with my little sister.

Over dinner we watch another 'Live At The Apollo', before the usual wind down for bed and sleep.

Savages / 'Adore' / 'Adore Life'



[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020

Lockdown Diary - Friday 18th December 2020