Tales From the Crypt - Wednesday 17th November 2021

More of the same today, so I'll probably not have much to say.

Conversations with the carers and friends have been the high points of the day, though they have been scattered amongst the majority of the time spent on work.

The lunchtime carers started a chat about the pros and cons of cosmetic surgery, the use of cosmetics and the male response to women who are either modified or heavily made up. It was suggested that males are always attracted to enhancements of a pneumatic nature, but both I and son #2 (who also became involved in the chat) rejected this suggestion. I welcome these conversations as they are a vital source of social interaction in these days of working from home and enrich life.   

Once upon a time, back in the mists of time (no gorillas!), I had this wonderful idea that I would find time every working day to take 30 minutes out for the purpose of thinking: no agenda, no expectation, just time set aside to see what comes to mind and invigorate all aspects of life, including work. Unfortunately I've still not managed to build this into my calendar and make it a daily practice or habit.  I haven't given up on the idea, however it seems as distant an idea now as it did when I first thought it would be helpful to do this, given all the things that need to change, are changing etc.  Never give up!

Bins, dinner, Frank Zappa (this is a surprisingly good music documentary, one of the best I've seen), bins (putting out), then bed and the usual.  The wheel turns.

Kali Uchis / 'After The Sign' / 'Isolation' 



[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020