Tales From The Crypt - Saturday 6th November 2021

Normal start to Saturday, which then took a different, unexpected turn...

Son #2 is off to Birmingham to visit son #1 at uni and so I've been getting all geared up for an evening in (almost) alone - lazy dinner, music and a film, accompanied by lashings of ginger beer (a slight untruth, I dislike ginger beer!) until things changed when the carers visited.  One of the carers asked me what I was doing tonight (she knew son #2 was off out) and so I trotted out the story above: it turns out they're having a Korean barbecue with a few friends along with drinks and music and I'm invited. I gladly accepted their kind invitation as I know I'll be in for a great evening.

Apart from getting on with chores, of which there are plenty, I also snatch a few moments to catch up with friends and get presents organised for my wife's birthday next Friday.  The mid-afternoon carer visit finalises plans for the evening - I need to get to the house before six as the road may be closed for a nearby firework display.  We're planning to watch the fireworks in between the eating, drinking and general merriment.

Off out shortly...

...back now, after a lift home, which was very kind. What a wonderful evening!  Amazing food (lamb, chicken, pork, beef, squid, salmon, prawns, spicy sauces and more), plenty of drink (tequila shots, OMFG!) and dancing, with me getting further lessons in Thai dancing and hospitality.  They really know how to enjoy themselves and are very loud when they're having fun! It's just great to be part of such a fun and happy evening, even though I don't understand half of what's said and have to have song lyrics explained to me.  As more drink was consumed I was serenaded by Thai karaoke, which was great fun! I even ended up 'singing' myself though to songs in English!

I need to drink lots of water now, as I have plans for tomorrow, though I have a suspicion I'll sleep deeply, at least at first.

Beck / 'Up All Night' / 'Colors' 



[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020