Tales From The Crypt - Thursday 20th January 2022

Walking continues (I'm on a roll - brioche!) first thing after which it's time to get down to work, once the remaining rubbish is taken out. The cleaner is here and has cleaned my newly accessible office (there is still the small matter of the boxes of CDs on the floor and the books piled up in the extension, but hey! One step at a time!) and I can now settle down to work.

As usual, work is the dominant theme until this evening's Idler call which is with Oliver Burkeman who has written some interesting books and articles debunking the time management, positive thinking, productivity bullshit and so much more!

The post-Idler chat was immensely enjoyable covering all sorts of topics including dating shows (can't say any more about that) / dating, 'Come Dine With Me' and someone who has just given up their job, sold their house and plans to buy a campervan and drive round the UK and Europe for a couple of years. Living the Idler dream! Good luck to them!  I think a couple of years in a camper might be a bit much for me, but the freedom and latitude it would give for enjoying life does sound appealing.

Son #2 kindly makes dinner whilst I'm enjoying myself and once made, we sit down and watch the latest 'Boba Fett' episode whilst eating.  Afterwards I clear up (it's the least I can do) and then head bedwards (Prince Far I)...

Spygenius / 'Windy' / 'Man on the Sea'


[[ ]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020