Tales From The Crypt - Thursday 27th January 2022

A quiet start to the day after a lousy night's sleep, mainly due to the discomfort resulting from my foolish behaviour last night. This morning my right hand and wrist are very painful (and not due to an excess of the activity suggested by one of E's carers) and my neck muscles are rather uncomfortable. After careful consideration, weighing up all the pros and cons, I have decided, on balance, never again to stand on the cardboard waste to compress it, unless I am holding on to something solid. Or maybe not at all. Ever. Under any circumstances.

Work takes up the rest of day, made slightly more difficult by my wrist.

Late afternoon I had the final counselling session of the series that began last Autumn, my first session since November. This session was really about wrapping things up and checking that I was in a better place.  Lots to talk about, though we finished after about 45 minutes having agreed that the discussion had come to a natural end.

Thursday is Idler drinks night and this evening's speaker was Glen Baxter, the cartoonist. Much fun and laughter before and after the main discussion.

Son #2 and I made dinner before watching a WILTY together and the usual sequence of events before sleep.

dexter / 'Still Got Time' / 'I Do Love A Good Sandwich'


[[ ]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020

Lockdown Diary - Friday 18th December 2020