Lockdown Diary - Friday 10th April 2020

Good Friday.  Though, as Good Fridays go, not such a good one.  Were it not for Coronavirus, we'd have been in a car travelling 200+ miles north-westwards. I'm sure it's the same for many people, this being a long Bank Holiday weekend and also the school holidays. Oh well, there's always next year.

I decided to chill today. Don't often have days where I don't 'achieve' something, so I'm cool with it. Read a bit ('Ghost Wall', 'Finnegans Wake' and this week's poem) chatted on the phone with friends: spent an hour or so chatting to a mate in Berlin and another hour talking to a friend who lives in Ascot (yes, I can talk, that is true, but the mate in Berlin is equally bad and I hadn't spoken to the friend in Ascot for several months, hence...well, that's my excuse.)

Besides, I need to steel myself for shopping tomorrow morning. Part of that process is wine. Drinking a nice chilled white wine (chenin blanc/chardonnay blend if you're asking) as I type.

Next on today's activities is music. Didn't get to listen to much yesterday, owing to the late change of plan, so going to have to make up for it tonight.

Thwarted again! One son watching TV ('Westworld') when I want to take over the living room for loud music (this is why our next house will have a library, a music room and a separate living room for TV and general chillin'), so next thing I know, it's time to make dinner.

My sons and I watched another episode of 'Wisting' followed by the first episode of the new series of 'HIGNFY', before we all parted company to do our different things, like sleep, play computer games etc.

Yo La Tengo don't get anything like the credit they deserve, wry lyrics, varied musical styles (the track I've chosen is unlike anything else on the album it comes from) and great songwriting.  I've gone way back to 2000's 'And Then Nothing Turned Itself Inside-Out' for 'Let's Save Tony Orlando's House'


[[0]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020