Lockdown Diary - Thursday 16th April 2020

A slow burner, compared to yesterday. Got up later - 7am - got ready later, in fact I generally took my time.

Finished reading 'The Queue' which means I have time to read other stuff of my own choosing, at least until it's time to start reading May's book club choice ('Three Women' by Lisa Taddeo).

Done all the usual day time things including watching the penultimate lesson in the Borges course, this one titled 'Mirrors'.  Perhaps not as strong as the previous four lessons, in part, I think, because 'Mirrors' owes a debt to two earlier themes. namely 'Infinities' and 'Identities', though of course it could just be that I'm not totally 'on it' today.  The last lesson, 'Labyrinths', ought to be a good one - both because it is a favourite them of Borges and also of Henry Eliot, who has written a book on the subject.

Gave up an hour of the day to go on a work call about some fairly major things that will impact me when I return to work next week.  

The afternoon I have been a little worried about my wife's condition.  There was a 5 to 10 minute period where I feared she was about to have a seizure, but, luckily, it subsided.  This does mean I will need to keep a closer eye on her as I may need to call for an ambulance if she has a full-blown seizure.  Not something I really want to have to do in the current situation, given they'll want her to go in to hospital, which is the last place I'd want her to be right now.

Well, it all got worse.  HB had to go into hospital as a later episode of seizure just kept going and wouldn't stop.  Ambulance. A&E. The lot. Going to be kept in overnight. Loads of tests. Chest X-ray. Bloods. Couldn't stay with her, 'cos of Covid. First time I've had to stay away. A bit wound up. Need to sleep, so this'll be it for today.

'Starpower', Sonic Youth from the album 'EVOL'.


[[0]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Tales From The Crypt - Friday 2nd July 2021

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021