Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 22nd April 2020

Started today at 7am (got up at 6!) with 30 minutes pranayama and 10 rounds of surya namaskar.  That certainly kick starts the body and brain into action!

Just as well, because based on yesterday's conversations, it sounded like it would be a relatively easy working day,  instead it turned out there was something I had to do which kept me busy until beyond 5pm.

Then, set free, for today at least, I finished III.3 of the 'Wake, so I am now ready to review what I could or should have understood from the chapter. Given there were sections of such obscurity that I had no idea what was happening or being suggested and also that it's one of the longest chapters in the book, there will no doubt be plenty of surprises. I'll probably save the analysis for tomorrow, my brain's not ready for it.

Managed to grab an hour or so to listen to music: a variety of sounds and styles to hear what the new speakers make of them.  One of the albums I listened to will probably be the source of the track at the end of the post. Or maybe it won't.

Wednesday night is often pizza night (with a large side salad to fool you into thinking it's a healthy meal) and tonight was no exception. The beauty of pizza is that's an incredibly easy meal to put together, and by the middle of the week that's no bad thing. 

Over dinner we started watching 'Twin', a Scandinavian drama about adult twin brothers, a subject which has resonance here, given I was watching it with my twin sons.  (Increasingly I've noticed that I've started saying 'my' rather than 'our' when I refer to the boys: it's not a conscious decision, but it feels like it's been 'I' rather than 'we' and 'my' rather than 'our' for a long time now. When I say that it sounds sad. Hmmm.)  It may be me and I'm probably wrong, but the first episode seemed to suggest what will happen next, but I hope it's not that predictable. Even if I'm right the emotional and psychological fallout, not to mention the wider ramifications of what's happened, could maintain the interest.

Something a little more obscure, for a change. This album was recorded back in 1970 but didn't properly see the light of day until 2007 owing to a series of misfortunes surrounding it, not least the record company going bust when it was about to be released in 1971. Catherine wrote all the songs though the arrangements were by producer/pianist Bobby Scott (most famous for having co-written The Hollies' hit 'He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother').  She has recorded albums since, though many consider this to be her best - a case of right time, right place, right people. This is 'Words Through A Locked Door' from the album 'What A Beautiful Place'.


[[~~~~]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Tales From The Crypt - Friday 2nd July 2021

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021