Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 29th April 2020

6am start. Record blood pressure. Shower. Exercises (1). Log laptop in and connect to Zoom. Set mat, blocks and cushion up. Take BP med. Water. Join the other nutters at 5 to 7 in the bloody morning ready for 50 minutes of so of Pranayama followed by 12 rounds of Surya Namaskar.

12 rounds of 'salute to the sun' certainly gets the blood pumping and the heart racing and that, on top of all the breathing exercises, has really set me up for the day. I do feel really energetic and alive. After tidying the mat and stuff away I finished off getting ready, which is essentially more exercises. Before doing the exercises I measured my BP and it was the best / lowest yet - the power of yoga. 😀 Of course I'm now going to fuck that up during the day by getting wound up by this and that, but it's good to have a few decent numbers to share with my doctor.

I have an interesting day ahead. I volunteered to become one of my company's 'Mental Health Champions' - essentially we're meant to be approachable by anyone in the company who needs help and direct them to the appropriate resources or source of help.  We're not actually attempting to solve problems and they can tell us as little or as much as they wish.  Primarily it's about listening.  In order to do perform this role, I get some training from the charity MIND.  Normally it's done face to face, but in these days of the plague we've worked with the charity to set up online training. The training is today and tomorrow and I'm looking forward to it.

The first session of the MIND training was interesting. It feels like very productive use of my work time and I have another 2-hour session tomorrow morning.  A bit of homework to do before tomorrow, but more interesting than onerous.

Lunchtime carer visit and was reminded I needed to flush Bear's catheter today, so I got the necessary things together, washed my hands, donned the gloves and apron and got it done.

{<Nerd> After saying on Sunday that there's been an increase in Military aircraft flying over here and that maybe a fast jet would fly over, one just has!  A Typhoon, callsign 'REBEL 59', just flew over, at about 15:05, after a mission over the channel, south of the Isle of Wight, now en-route back to its base at RAF Coningsby in Lincolnshire. It was at 35,000 feet travelling at around 550 knots as it flew over here and momentarily its contrail was visible through a break in the cloud. It was audible and though I saw trail, I didn't see the aircraft </Nerd>}

The afternoon and evening disappeared under a parade of work calls, 'Wake reading, music listening (influenced by one of the books I'm reading, namely 'A New Day Yesterday: UK Progressive Rock & The 1970s' by Mike Barnes, more on it when I've finished it), making dinner and watching the last two episodes of 'Twin'.

The concluding two episodes of 'Twin' were good and the scriptwriters managed to avoid the obvious and produce a good ending, which felt, at least in part, like a 'real life' ending.

Hatfield and the North, from 'The Rotters Club', and 'Share It'


[[Trivia: The album also gave its title to a book by Jonathan Coe, in which the album features]]

[[~]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Tales From The Crypt - Friday 2nd July 2021

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021