Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th April 2020

Up at 6 and doing a 30 minute pranayama session at 7am.  Committed or what? (Should be, probably)

Given I slept really badly last night, owing in main to the pain from my UTI, the pranayama session did an amazing job of waking me up. I felt really energised afterwards and that continued on into the day. I should probably do it everyday, however its so much easier to do it when someone's guiding a session.  I'm not at the stage where I could do it myself, for a whole host of reasons. Oh, well, until next Wednesday, then.

A spot of breakfast (porridge with fruit + strong coffee, should you want to know), then on the phone to GP surgery because the antibiotics don't seem to be working (see above). The new plan is to get a prescription for an alternative antibiotic (the one that worked last time, but not the one that usually works, which I'm on, but doesn't seem to be working this time), and also to take a 'sample' to the surgery. Don't seem to have many bottles around the house, other than wine bottles, and I'm not sure delivering a sample in a wine bottle projects the right attitude towards one's health? The search continues.

[Small brown bottle found, plus rescued one of my wife's medication bottles from recycling for the next time, 'cos the bastard of this is, it will happen again and will keep happening until I have the operation that was postponed from the 25th March until who knows when.] 

Drove to car park in town centre to deliver my sample to the GP surgery, which was largely deserted, though the car park was surprisingly busy.  I haven't been going out in the week so I don't know if this was unusual or if there's some special reason why Wednesday is busy.

Otherwise my day has been pretty much as normal. Work. Carer visits. Work. A few phone calls. Work. Medical supplies delivery. Lunch. Work. Repeat.

Wednesday night is bin night, so inevitably there is an air of excitement about proceedings, but we all managed to stay calm, make dinner, and watch an episode of 'Wisting'. Eventually the anticipation was too much and we could no longer resist the fun of emptying all the bins into one blue plastic sack and then putting the recycling and rubbish out.

Sarcasm aside, there was one thing about putting the rubbish out that was special: the moon.  Low on the horizon (but high enough to top the houses), through the trees, a beautiful, salmon pink, moon cast light on the humdrum scene below.  We stopped and stared and marvelled in its beauty. Thank you for that, bin night.💖

John Moore has an indirect connection to this blog, and his solo albums deserve a blog to themselves, but for today I've selected 'Billy Fury Way' from his rather topically titled album, 'It's Hell Out There'.


[[John Moore blog to come soon]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020