Lockdown Diary - Sunday 12th April 2020

A litany of chores: washing (x4); change my bed (see previous); put salt in the dishwasher; flush my wife's catheter; sort out some old clothes for collection (whenever collection re-starts); put yesterday's washing away; 'talk' to Amazon about missing items that have apparently disappeared into thin air (not in depot, left there; not with a delivery driver; somewhere yet nowhere); attempt (key word here) to persuade boys to change their bedding whilst sun shines.

As second wash load circulates, time to take a breather and catch up on the papers. All this and it's not even lunchtime, yet.

Finished the papers, read quite a chunk of 'Ghost Wall', which I plan to finish tomorrow as I've got to read 'The Queue' by Basma Abdel Aziz by the following Monday and I can't be reading two novels at the same time, apart, that is, from the 'Wake and one other (FW might screw with your brain completely, but you'll never get it confused with any other novel!!).  Talking of which, I've also read some of the 'Wake - up to my neck in Book III chapter 3 (chapter 3 part A for all you 'Wake geneticists 😂😂😂)

Just returned from a 20-minute or so walk with one of my sons.  Glorious day. Our route took us round the edge of a local park and we were both surprised how many groups of people there were playing football, at least one group of 4 or 5, which doesn't seem to be following the guidelines.  It was good to just walk and talk, for a change.  I think some wine is called for! Get it started before the final carer visit of the day.

Watched 'A Fish Called Wanda' with my sons in the evening. I have seen it before, of course, but the boys hadn't.  Despite medication I stayed awake, which is always a plus. It wasn't quite as funny as I'd recalled, though it had its moments. A pleasant way to spend an evening together.

Something different to close with. I'm not a huge fan of classical music, especially not from the early romantic period (not without exception, I should add), though I have been known to listen to works by Stravinsky, Prokofiev and maybe some Ring Cycle Wagner with pleasure on occasion. The short piano pieces by Erik Satie, of which 'Gymnopedie No. 1' is a favourite, do, however, hold a special place in my heart.


[[Not Baxter Dury]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Tales From The Crypt - Friday 2nd July 2021

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021