Lockdown Diary - Friday 24th April 2020

Started the day with a run.  Not very far, just enough to get warmed up and aerobic. It's part of a plan to return to running by making time to run a little most days (at least every other day) on the basis that it's better to do some running than none, because it's hard to find time for a longer run.  With determination I should be able to build back up and, to be honest, it's the way you should do it rather than my normal 'bull at a gate, must run further straight away otherwise it's not good enough' approach that I normally beat myself up over. As things stand I have a little more time / flexibility since yesterday.

It's my 'big' sister's birthday today - hopefully she'll have received the card and present and I'll speak to her later. Guess she'll not be going out to celebrate, so there's a good chance she'll be home when I ring.😉

Planned to finish work early. Didn't. So much for the flexibility. I have a glass of wine now, so the weekend can begin.  Just called my sister and wished her 'Happy Birthday' and now have to decide between 'Introduction to Psychotherapy' course homework, reading through explanations of III.3 of the 'Wake or listening to music.  Listening to music is likely to be the winner as I've done enough brain work for one day. Now where shall I begin...

...Peter Hamill and Henry Cow later...It's Tuna pasta bake tonight..time to start chopping vegetables...blimey the tinned sweetcorn (improvising) was BBE July 2018...I'm sure it'll be (if I'm dead tomorrow, you'll know it was food Russian roulette wot got me!)

Watched episode 3 of 'Twin'.  I'm quite enjoying it though every now and then you want to shout at the screen, 'What are you doing!!!'  Identical twins may be physically very similar but their personalities, nature, way of speaking / intonation are often not, probably shouldn't say any more than that, otherwise it may spoil it.  At least they haven't taken the obvious course, plot-wise, so far.  

Peter Hammill, the album 'Nadir's Big Chance' and the song 'Been Alone So Long' 


[[~~]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020