Lockdown Diary - Sunday 19th April 2020

Gonna take it slow today.  Breakfast of coffee and almond croissant. Take my time drinking the coffee, maybe make another.

Not much of note today either. Did a load of jobs and chores, you know, the usual: washing; cleaning en-suite; cut my hair; trimmed my beard (weird). Also found time to read the papers, read a bit of the 'Wake and continue a dialogue with a friend that started on Saturday.

I was pleased to see I got a reply from Henry Eliot, author/presenter of the 'Borges' course, to my course comments and questions. He wrote an interesting and detailed reply which did agree with my thinking on the parallels between Borges and Joyce. More research to be done, I think.

For a change we decided to have a takeaway from our local Italian restaurant for dinner: it's good not to cook all the time. Booked the collection time in the early afternoon (last time we tried to book a collection they were full, so took no chances today!)

I'm experimenting with the Hi-Fi set up in the living room at the moment and this involved getting the other speaker stand in from the garage so that the speakers were symmetrically positioned. Testing the new layout requires listening to music, so naturally I had to play a few varied albums - some Dylan, Marianne Faithfull, Rustin Man and Roger & Brian Eno later and it was time to go and collect our dinner.

The Hi-Fi experiments will continue because I've decided the speakers are due an overhaul or replacement - they were bought in the late 1980s and are now outclassed by the amplifier and music sources, so it's time to try something new. Not today, though.

Food consumed, we sat down together to watch a film - 'Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2' - as chosen by one of my sons.  Unfortunately it's been a long day as well as a tiring few days - that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it - so I, ahem, didn't see much of the later parts of it. 

Film not watched, time to tidy the kitchen and get to bed and maybe read a little more of 'A New Day Yesterday'.

'Jackie's Room', Rustin Man, from the album 'Clockdust'.


[[~]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020