Lockdown Diary - Saturday 25th April 2020

Shopping. Washing (x3). Breakfast. Cut the grass. Trim the unruly bushes ('get down, Shep!'). Assist in making lunch. Eat lunch. Wash car.

That's something I'd never normally do, wash the car, Always take it somewhere and get done. Or rather, I did.  When I went shopping I noticed a yellow sheen on the bonnet, I'm guessing it's probably Saharan sand.  Anyway, enough is enough and I'm going to wash it.  I have asked for assistance, just to speed up the process, however the request appears to have fallen on deaf ears. 

Take that back! Mid-way through the process I did get some assistance after all, though not a fully-fledged assistant, my son's attire - dressing gown and pyjamas (AT 4PM, FFS!) - didn't permit further involvement.  I could have asked him to get changed, but by the time he'd have been ready to help I'd've been able to dry the car with my eyelashes. (N.B. Just to be clear, I actually dried it with a chamois (or rather a non-animal version of one))

Bummer of the day (so far): I appear to be getting another 'Up There Irritation (UTI)', so I've thrown caution to the wind and started taking antibiotics (I have standby courses of one of the two that work, too boring to go in to further), though the last two times it's not worked and I've needed a different one. Maybe third time lucky, after all it always worked prior to that.  By Monday I should know one way or other, though either way I probably ought to tell my GP, at least so they've got a record of how many times it's happened.  If only my operation hadn't been postponed due to Coronavirus. Oh well, c'est la vie.

Carers are due any minute now as it's heading for 6pm, so I think I'll get the washing in - yeah, that's right it's non-stop excitement dawn to dusk here - then decide to get lost in the 'Wake or maybe bust some moves to the latest sounds, maaaaan!  Come to think of it, that means it must be wine o'clock, but first I need to weigh out some Basmati rice and soak it ready for tonight's curry.

Cripes! Just realised I haven't even had time to read any of the paper today - things are going seriously wrong here. Priorities! Get them sorted.

Today's papers are going to have to take a back seat as I need to progress reading up on 'Wake III.3 so I can move on to III.4, with the end in sight (I only have 61 pages until I return back the 'start' and the question then is, do I continue on round again, but maybe this time re-reading the original text rather than the 'restored' version?)

'Wake interrupted: apparently I'm told by number 2 son that it's time to do dinner, so I have get the rice under way then leave #2 to do the rest. He now has control, I am merely the co-pilot.

After food was consumed, the boys and I watched the film 'Under The Skin' which stars the rather attractive Scarlett Johansson (stop right there!)  Having read the book only a couple of months ago for Sci-Fi book club, I have to say that the film has little in common with the book's plot - only in a few fundamental ways.  The film was good, if slightly odd, but I kept waiting for certain things to happen, but they didn't, though I have to admit some things in the book would be incredibly hard to film, unless the film had a huge budget, which this didn't (it was a BFI / Film4 production). 

To close, the title track from the hugely influential and incomparable dub reggae album, 'King Tubby Meets Rockers Uptown' which is credited to Augustus Pablo and King Tubby


[[In case you're wondering, the choice of this track has NO CONNECTION WHATSOEVER with the physique I'll emerge from lockdown with! Capiche?]]

[[Eagle-eyed readers will note that the album cover refers to 'King Tubbys' rather than 'King Tubby'. All I can say is that the album is always listed in the singular or non-possessive (depending what was intended), so that's the title I'm sticking with. 'K?]]

[[~]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020