Lockdown Diary - Monday 20th April 2020

Monday. Someone should write a song about Mondays. What a rich vein of material there would be to tap in to.

Done yoga. Or has yoga done me?  I know that come tomorrow morning my hips will feel like I've given birth to a hippo, though thankfully the feeling will be confined to that part of my anatomy.

Seriously though, since I started yoga in August 2018, it has become a core part of my life: I always feel so much better for it and, though I still need WD40 to be applied to quite a few of my joints and have the balance of Twiggy in a hurricane, I am getting better at it with practice. (You tell yourself that mate!) I could probably do with another upper body massage, but that is currently impossible, sadly. Or a rack, maybe.

There is still fallout from my wife's visit to A&E on Thursday and Friday to address: I've had a conversation with the Community Matron and, as a result, I need to have a conversation with a GP, a call which I await. 

I've completed the first lesson of The Idler's 'Introduction to Psychotherapy' course.  The first lesson, unsurprisingly, is about Sigmund Freud.  A very interesting opening lesson, though unlike the Borges course, there is explicit homework!! (I guess there was an unspoken imperative to read the Borges stories that were discussed, but that was pure pleasure rather than work)  I won't bore you with all three parts of the homework, but the first task is as follows:

"Think about your unconscious, and it’s different levels, by doing this. First, ask yourself what you had for breakfast: it was unconscious, now it’s not, and is easily recalled. Next, ask yourself what your first memory is: that too can become conscious from the unconscious relatively easily. Now, ask yourself about your favourite sexual fantasy: that may be easy to identify but not so easy to understand, and may be driven from a deeper part of your unconscious. Finally, ask yourself about something that irritates you – perhaps being late for meetings or having a stain on your shirt. Just why that so bugs you may too be quite unconscious."

That's going to keep me occupied for a while!

Still waiting to hear from the GP and it's almost half four in the afternoon.  Not going to sit around though - time to return to the 'Wake.

Tonight is Sci-Fi book club, in fact in about 10 minutes. We're due to discuss 'The Queue' by Basma Abdel Aziz. (That reminds me: I'll have to write a review of this for goodreads too, though not until tomorrow now)

GP just phoned and so that leaves me with one more action, which I'll leave until tomorrow.  That will almost draw a line under the whole seizure incident. I hope.

(Got to think what tune to stick at the end of this at some point. Lots of ideas. Nothing has settled yet.)

Can't seem to get this out of my head this week. If someone told me I could only keep one Genesis album, then without hesitation I would take 'The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway', for so many different reasons.  'Carpet Crawlers' always seems to weave an intoxicating spell...


[[~~]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Tales From The Crypt - Friday 2nd July 2021

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021