Lockdown Diary - Thursday 2nd April 2020

Work again, but today without the added boost of 30 minutes pranayama to start the day.  I can definitely tell the difference.

Work has dominated the day, which has meant I didn't end up walking outside, apart from to bring bins in, though I did manage meditation for 20 minutes, which is better than nothing.

Read up on Book III chapter 2 of the 'Wake, and have concluded it is the chapter with the most sexual content of the book, so far, given that sex is the main theme of the chapter.  It was clear that was the case before reading what  Epstein's book and Rose's 'Chicken Guide' (on the web), had to say about it, though there was much to learn and understand, and much more I have yet to understand. Started on Book III chapter 3, which is one of the largest chapters of the novel, and should keep me going for a week or more, I guess.

I'm going to take a break from all this reading with some loud music before getting down to making whatever we're having for dinner. 

...or so I thought...

Turns out there's a serious danger my barnet's going to go all Jimi Hendrix on me, so I've had to get out the clippers again - 'cos let's face it, I won't be going to the barber any time soon - and set to. 

Danger of a full Hendrix averted, it was too late for music, or at least my choices, and instead time to make dinner with the help of one of my sons (hence the music not of my choice - it's a small price to pay, plus I'm always happy to hear music I've not heard before.)

Mid-dinner prep the hour of 8 struck, and it was time say thanks to the NHS and others who actually make this country work - there's a whole discussion to be had about the hypocrisy of people who voted in the Conservative government that has consistently underfunded the NHS and left them without adequate protective clothing and refused ventilators from the EU wildly clapping the NHS - but this is neither the time nor the place.  You know who you are.  On a personal level I get to meet a lot of nurses and other care workers on a a daily basis, not to mention those I speak to on the phone, and am always able to say thanks in person.  It would be good if we all valued these people all the time, not just when our dependency on them is so sharply exposed.

Oi! Someone's just kicked the soap box from under my feet, so I'll shut up now.

Associates. Billy Mackenzie's amazing voice. 'Sulk' - one of the greatest albums of the 1980s and just one of those albums. Period. Can't even remember why I listened to their albums earlier this week, what was it that made me think of them? Not sure.  Really doesn't matter.  The biggest problem is choosing one song: 'Skipping'? 'It's Better This Way'? 'Gloomy Sunday'? No, there's only one song I can choose...(please note it has 40 second intro before the song kicks in...)


[[[This is a song that burns like Magnesium and lays waste to all around it]]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Tales From The Crypt - Friday 2nd July 2021

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021