Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 7th April 2020

Back to work. Another working day that's been pretty full on from start to finish, with a long conference call when lunch might normally have been. Can't say any more on the subject and don't really want to either.

One great personal success of the day: I flushed my wife's catheter (third time lucky) which will have helped to prevent me needing to call out the Community Nurses.  I get to do it again on Thursday, unless something goes wrong in the meantime.  

I don't get to do much else on working days, at least not until the evening,  which means there's less to say.  This evening I'm hoping will include reading the 'Wake, listening to music and, once I've helped create dinner, watching the third episode of 'Wisting'.

Time for the final carer visit of the day, though (catheter still flowing, thankfully), stopping to answer the door. 

This week's poem is by Mary Oliver, an American writer who won the Pulitzer Prize, but who, until now, I'd never heard of.  The poem is called 'Wild Geese' and, as it appears to be in the public domain, I'll include it in full here.  I'm letting it inhabit my head whilst I let its words settle and spread within:

     You do not have to be good.
     You do not have to walk on your knees
     for a hundred miles through the desert repenting.
     You only have to let the soft animal of your body
     love what it loves.
     Tell me about despair, yours, and I will tell you mine.
     Meanwhile the world goes on.
     Meanwhile the sun and the clear pebbles of the rain
     are moving across the landscapes,
     over the prairies and the deep trees,
     the mountains and the rivers.
     Meanwhile the wild geese, high in the clean blue air,
     are heading home again.
     Whoever you are, no matter how lonely,
     the world offers itself to your imagination,
     calls to you like the wild geese, harsh and exciting -
     over and over announcing your place
     in the family of things.

[I must also remember to be good tonight and get to bed on time as I'm getting up especially early (6am) tomorrow, for a 7am 30-minute pranayama yoga session.]

I think a complete change of genre and style is in order, so today's tune is going to be Orbital's 'The Girl With The Sun In Her Head' (from 'In Sides') and is for 'leafy'.


[['leafy, your goolden, so you called me, may me life, yea your goolden, silve me solve, exsogerraider!']]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Tales From The Crypt - Friday 2nd July 2021

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021