Lockdown Diary - Friday 4th September 2020

Sometimes when I stare at the blank page, I haven't a clue what I'm going to write.  If I was with someone, I'd have no problem striking up a conversation about something or other, but with no one to talk to the words don't always flow.  It's probably worse today because I've spent all day on a training course and my brain is overflowing with RMI, WSDL, IDL, Exception Handlers, JMX, HTTP Connectors and too much more. Enough of that.

In truth the day has been totally occupied by the course and it's been especially quiet here because sons 1 and 2, plus 1's gf have gone to Thorpe Park with friends.

The only non-work thing I've managed to do so far, other than eat lunch (which I did whilst doing one of the course modules), is to meditate. This meditation session was noteworthy in one respect: I managed to do the entire 20 minutes sat in sukhasana, the rather cruelly named 'easy pose' - something it most certainly isn't, especially if you've taken to yoga after years of sitting in chairs. If it was renamed 'bloody uncomfortable pose', that would be much closer to the truth.  I've only recently started attempting guided meditations in 'easy pose' on the advice of my yoga teacher, as I normally prefer meditating in shavasana, also known as 'corpse pose': this has the double benefit of being easy (hah!) and also being good preparation, just in case.

After the course was over my brain was in a butterfly state and I couldn't really focus on any one thing for very long, so no reading and no listening to music, at least not properly.  I did add a bunch of albums I want to listen to into my Spotify library - I sampled them a little to see if they fit the bill, though several of the albums I wanted to add have clearly not been released yet - bloody music mag advanced copies! Neither Thurston Moore's new album nor the new one by Sarah Davachi (who was new to me as well) have come out yet, though both have released singles ahead. Damn! I still have such a backlog of new music to listen to, it's not going to be a problem waiting!

Unexpectedly there's just me and son #3 for dinner tonight as the others are eating out, post-Thorpe Park. I've decided I can't be arsed to cook so we're taking it easy with a takeaway for a change - it's gonna have to be a delivery though as I've already started to liberate some wine from its enforced confinement. Soon it'll be on its way to the sea and freedom.

I put on my ever-expanding main Spotify playlist, 'Dead', on random play, whilst I cleared up in the kitchen.  I don't think random play is that random, 'cos there are 830 tracks on there (almost 67 hours) and yet I often hear the same tracks when I resort to it.

I had lined up a track from 'Dead', but my head was turned by this song from International Teachers of Pop's latest album 'Pop Gossip'.  This is the rather slinky, 'Femenenergy' 🖤💜💗


[[]] 

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020