Lockdown Diary - Monday 21st September 2020

The now normal start to Mondays:  sitting meditation practice for 45 minutes or so followed by yoga a little later.

Despite doing all this stuff that is good for mind and body, I still seem to be in a constant battle. A revelation during the morning meditation session whilst my mind was trying not to be swept downstream in a torrent of thoughts: the MBCT clinician who runs the sessions said what I had observed was at the heart of Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), though I'm not sure what I'm to do with this information. In some ways it all leads back to living in the here and now and not getting caught up in what you want to happen, or what you believe to be the answer to a problem. I must battle on and try and keep my horizons to the immediate future.

I did a fair bit of reading outside in the fresh air, mainly of 'The Hunting Party', though I need to get stuck in to 'The Time Machine' - it is short but so is my time, especially now I'll be working again from tomorrow.

I went for a 35-minute walk which was good, though I really had to force myself to do it.

Originally the plan was to deliver various missing / needed items to son #3 at uni, but Amazon let us down on one item.  It would be better to deliver all this stuff in one go!

Evening was the usual dinner and TV - episode two of 'Strike' then clearing up and the usual descent into darkness.

This was going to be the track a few days ago, but it got pushed aside.  This is Mogwai with 'Hunted By A Freak' from the album 'Happy Songs for Happy People' (Note that the warning at the start of the video is untrue, unless you count cartoons)


[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020