Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 15th September 2020

Up at 6, ready to start work at 7 a.m. - final half day of training that started two weeks ago.

It will come as no surprise that work has dominated my day:  I had planned to finish an hour earlier as I started at 7, but somehow I didn't manage to. Oh well.

A school friend contacted me about going for a quick, socially-distanced, drink tomorrow evening after work, so naturally I said yes. Opportunities to go out are thin on the ground at the moment, plus I'm still being cautious owing to my wife's vulnerability to coronavirus.

After work I thought I'd combine posting a letter with going for a walk - managed 28 minutes brisk walking and got back a few minutes after the final carers of the day arrived.

Been trying to catch up on the backlog of 'Freak Zone's from August and early September that I'd missed - it'd be a whole lot easier if the BBC made the Sounds app available on Sonos.  No doubt Sonos will make sure it's a 'new-controller-only' app when it does finally arrive.. Bastards.  Main thing is I've listened to the episode that expires tonight, so I don't think I've missed more than one episode at the most.

Cooking dinner with son #3 - making sure he's all prepared to look after himself from Friday evening - he tells me he's 'totally cool with cooking vegetables' and I know he's more than capable of making a stir-fry amongst other dishes.  He also says he knows how to tell if meat is cooked, so I reckon he'll have no trouble.

Watched episode 8 of 'The Bridge' - two to go - then did all the usual stuff, too knackered to read. Damn. Epic fail.

Largely recorded on various pipe organs around the world, mostly in churches, the upcoming album from Sarah Davachi, called 'Cantus, Descant', is already sounding intriguing. 'Play The Ghost' is one of the songs released in advance of the album.  There is something about it.


[[]] 

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020