Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 23rd September 2020

Up with the larks: 'Morning', 'Morning', 'How are you?', 'Fine thanks', 'And you?', 'I'd prefer to be back in bed sleeping, but I'm doing yoga in 30 minutes, so I guess I'm good. Thanks for asking'. I do like the larks, they're very sociable.

I did the full 45 minutes of yoga, mainly pranayama, but with a fair bit of movement to wake the body as well as the brain cell. After that, shower, breakfast, work.

At about eight minutes past 10 an Apache gunship helicopter (callsign 'Hunter 1') flew over the house at the lowest altitude I've ever seen one here - 975 feet - which was damn low.  En-route from Wattisham to the Sandhurst area: it's 10:14 now and it's circling there, now descending and landing at the Army Staff College)

Work has dominated the rest of the day, so there's nothing to be said about that. Moving swiftly on.

Son #1's girlfriend arrived early afternoon whilst I was working, no doubt I'll see her later.

I've had a few texts with son #3 at uni: seems like the people he's sharing with are all cool and things are going well. Sounds a good start to me.

It's now the early evening and I'm deciding between sorting the bins out ready for total immersion in bin night later, listening to music or reading more of 'The Time Machine'.  

Just after 6 p.m., whilst gathering the rubbish bins outside, I heard a low rumble which I recognised as the sound of a military helicopter, and this was revealed to be the same Apache from this morning returning in the opposite direction via a similar route, though a little the east of the house and higher - now at a little over 1400 feet, but using the same callsign. Guess it's returning to base.

Bins sorted for now, time for music!

I managed to snatch enough time to listen to the new albums by Yello and Bo Ningen in their entirety by the time son #2 started dinner, which was good going. Only 392 albums to go 😂

We watched the final episode of 'Strike' whilst eating dinner, not a bad ending though overall not in the same league as 'The Bridge'.  'Strike' struck, it was time for bins: The finale.  Following on from last Friday's magazine clear out, there was a lot of paper recycling this week, but otherwise the process generated the normal level of excitement.

Things continued in the way that they always do, inexorably, towards the end of my day.

Something a little leftfield for a change. Hekla is an Icelandic 'theremin maestra' and this is a track from her recent EP, 'Sprungur'. It's called 'Sofðu Unga Ástin Mín' and is 'an arrangement of a traditional Icelandic lullaby'.


[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020

Lockdown Diary - Friday 18th December 2020