Lockdown Diary - Father's Day (Sunday 20th June 2021)

A quiet start to father's Day: I've only seen son #3, so far. He did wish me a 'Happy Father's Day!' but I imagine they will all want to do cards etc together, so it does depend when the twins emerge. (Sounds like something I might have said many years ago, though their route will be different today)

It may be father's day, but I still have chores to do, most notably and with tedious regularity, washing.

Found time to read the Sunday paper, after which son #3 and I made lunch.  Still no sign of the others...

After lunch I watched documentary about Aubrey Beardsley and then listened to the first of my birthday CDs, namely the new album by Wolf Alice, followed by a bit of Dry Cleaning's debut album.

There are signs of life and when I venture upstairs I see everyone is now up.  After some negotiation son #1 agrees to come for a walk with me and will do the 'father's day ceremony' on our return.

Tonight we'll be having curry and watching a film: it has been decreed that it's my turn, so I have chosen the French film 'Diva', which requires us all to concentrate as it's entirely in French, with subtitles.

I haven't seen 'Diva' in years and was pleasantly surprised, it's as good if not better than I remembered.  I'd like to watch 'Betty Blue' again soon, too. It's also in French but is a fair bit steamier, which the boys may find challenging watching with me.  It stars the once gorgeous Beatrice Dalle in the title role.

The usual shutdown sequence begins, closing down unnecessary services, culminating in the entire system entering sleep state.

Zoee / 'Microwave' / 'Microwave' (Single) 

[Hmm? How do you pronounce the title nowadays?]



[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020

Lockdown Diary - Friday 18th December 2020