Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 9th June 2021

Another working day, so most likely not a lot to say.  Walked early as usual, crossed paths with the same people I do most days, usual greetings. Cloud of electrons / satellites - no real connections.

Amongst a number of interests, I am also interested in aviation, have been since I first read the Biggles books as a child. The past week has been particularly interesting ahead of the G7 summit in Cornwall as a large number of military transports have started arriving in the UK.  The US contingent, ahead of POTUS's arrival has been both large and very active. This evening I watched / listened to 'Air Force 1' heading towards RAF Mildenhall from the point when it crossed the Welsh coast over Strumble Head to it's landing at the USAF base.  For a brief while it looked like it was going to fly near here, until the controller gave the flight a direct routeing which took it much further north. I guess it was inevitable in these times of lower traffic density. Never mind! (Following behind it was the airborne nuclear command post aircraft that follows POTUS everywhere he goes, but I'll not post anything about that, just in case)

Earlier in the day son #1's gf arrived for a few days and so at dinner we were at the former maximum of five to watch the final episode of this series (there's another coming) of 'Top Boy'. The episode ended with a revelation that nicely sets the tone for the next series.  I liked 'Top Boy' though it is a depressing insight into the reality of some people, especially kids, in some of the drug dealer 'infected' estates. On a lighter note it has give me lots of opportunity to pepper my conversation with 'Wah gwaan' and 'mandem', the latter especially annoying to my sons, aka my fam.

Bins, sleep, escape.

Amon Düül II / 'Archangel Thunderbird' / 'Yeti'

[Going back a few years for this one! I always loved the name of this band, it sounds occult, and yes, there was an Amon Düül - they even released several albums.  There is also a connection between Amon Düül (I as they are sometimes referred to) and Amon Düül II, and a very interesting period in German political history - look it up! I love Renate Knaup's vocals and the album from which this comes]



[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020