Lockdown Diary - Saturday 12th June 2021

Beautiful summer Saturday morning.  Shopping with son #3. Crisis! Local almond croissant shortage.  Chocolate twist to the rescue.

After shopping, breakfast followed by the start of washing for the day.  

Back in taxi role for a brief interlude whilst I take son #3 to his student flat in town where he'll be staying with his gf until tomorrow afternoon/evening.

Read the papers.

If anyone says to me that 'each day is a blessing' I will throttle them. It is the biggest load of glib, trite, self-centred and unthinking bullshit ever. Yes, there are good things, things to be grateful for, but that does not mean that every day is great for everyone. No amount of positivity or smiles or whatever can change something that is shit. It just is shit. No upsides. No blessings. No gratitude. Just shit. After any happy interlude, it is still there, still shit.

Go for a walk early evening. No one wants to join me - to be fair they've not been up for that long - so I go on my own as I mostly do.  Barely a soul is about apart from a few gatherings in the park that I skirt on my usual route. Pleasant evening sunshine.

Wine and music next: Neil Cowley; Aleister Crowley; Goat Girl; The Coral; Sophia Kennedy; Sofie; Marianne Faithfull and Warren Ellis; and Virginia Astley. Loud, to drown out the noise.

Curry and film:  Only son #1 and I watch the film as son #2 is watching a different film with his gf. We watch 'No Country For Old Men' which sons 1 and 2 have both seen, but which son #1 is happy to watch again.  It's a very good film - well acted, with dark humour.  Javier Bardem's character reminds me of Dennis Hopper in 'Blue Velvet'.  Great acting by Tommy Lee Jones, Josh Brolin and others.  Loved it.

Sophia Kennedy / 'Orange Tic Tac' / 'Monsters'



[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020