Lockdown Diary - Friday 11th June 2021

Final working day of the week, with an extra long weekend due to taking next Tuesday off as annual leave.

Work dominates the day

One of carers is off for two weeks. I will miss her as she usually brightens my day with badinage and friendly piss-taking.  It's her birthday soon, just after mine.

Work...

Around lunch time I discover that the course I'm on has set four other pieces of work to be done by Wednesday's next call.  Just one problem: I'm not back in work until Wednesday, so now on top of the one thing I knew I had to finish for the course today, I have all this to do as well. It's going to be a long day.

Given how much work I have to do I suggest to the boys that we have a takeaway tonight as I'm not going to be able to help with dinner. 

Finally three hours after I'd planned to finish, I've done enough of the 'homework' that I feel I can stop.  I reckon if I get up early enough on Wednesday I can finish it off.  Not wishing to be a miserable bastard, but I'll be fucked if I'm going work during my annual leave. It's neither good work life balance or great for my mental health to be working when I'm on leave. As it is I'd planned to have the whole of next week off, which would have been a nice break, were it not for the course, which I changed my plans for.

Takeaway dinner, 'Spooks' series 1 episode 2, the one with 'that' incident. 

“Sleep, those little slices of death — how I loathe them.” Guess Edgar Allan Poe can't always have been right.

Coil / 'Blue Rats' / 'A Guide for Finishers: a Hair of Gold'



[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020

Lockdown Diary - Friday 18th December 2020