Lockdown Diary - Thursday 24th June 2021

Work again but emboldened by a good night out last night.  Walked early, as usual, though maybe a bit earlier due to the cleaner's usual crack of dawn appearance.

Work dominates the day, until finally the hour approaches for the Idler drinks.

Tonight's guest is Viv Groskop who is a writer and comedian (amongst other things) who will be talking about life lessons that can be learned from French literature and all things French.

Well that was fun! Even more books I need to read, but I particularly pick up on 'Bonjour Tristesse' by Francoise Sagan as one I need to add to my list.  I stuck around for the post-talk chat, but son #2 had made dinner so I had to depart before I'd got fully involved.

Son #3 is out tonight, so he ate early, son #1 is still staying with his gf and son #2 is on a video call with his gf, which meant I watched TV on my own. On the plus side it meant I could choose what I watched, and I chose a music documentary about Rockfield Studios near Monmouth.  It was a reasonable documentary featuring interviews with Ozzy Osbourne, Tony Iommi, Dave Brock, Robert Plant, Jim Kerr and more. An interesting history with odd bits of footage and photos I'd not seen before.

Washing up / emptying then re-loading the dishwasher

Decline and fall (sleep)

Stereolab / 'Crest' / 'Transient Random-Noise Bursts With Announcements' 



[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020

Lockdown Diary - Friday 18th December 2020