Lockdown Diary - Sunday 27th June 2021

I've just written 'Lockdown Diary' for the umpteenth time and thought 'I'm bored of this title'.  I feel like we're in limbo now, half in, half out (limbo seemingly the most apposite word for my life in general) of lockdown, but as I've gradually started doing things and going out, though still limited in ways, I'm feeling it's time for the title to change.  I'm going to experiment with the title, starting with 'Tales From The Crypt' from tomorrow, and if I feel that fits, I'll stick with it. If not, there may a few others adopted until I find one that works for me.

Quiet start to the day as I am the only one up and probably will be for some time yet.

I don't actually know what I've done with the time today: I made the compilation CD I was working on and did all the bits that go with it, cover, track listing/commentary etc, but that didn't take all day.

My sons (that are here) started emerging around 4 p.m. and so I decided it was getting rather late for lunch. Made lunch for two of us - son #2 declined and came to a decision during the process: from now on lunch will never be later than 2 p.m. unless there are exceptional circumstances, and, what's more, if no one is up by 2 p.m. at the latest, then I'm making my own lunch and it's every man for himself.  My life has to change a lot over the next 12 months and everyone is now old enough to make their own choices and live with them.  I'll tell them all of this new policy as soon as I can get them all in the same place at the same time.

Finally I started reading yesterday's papers, though I didn't get very far before it was time for son #2 and I to start doing dinner, which is based around fresh trout fillets with one of the accompaniments being samphire, which we all love.

There was some doubt as to who would be present for the evening, so we decided to watch a HIGNFY followed by the end of the Belgium v Portugal football match.  My lack of interest in watching football (well, to be honest watching any form of sport, unless I'm doing it) is legendary but I have seen in inordinately large amount during the Euros: ironically I encouraged my sons to take an interest (figuring they should find out what they liked free from my prejudices) in sport, especially football, so they are keener to watch than I am.  Nevertheless, I do take some pleasure in watching Ronaldo play in matches where he's on the losing side: I don't know why, but I've disliked him ever since I first saw him play. Smug bastard that he is.

After that the usual stuff leading to sleep.

Arlo Parks / 'Too Good' / 'Collapsed In Sunbeams' 



[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020

Lockdown Diary - Friday 18th December 2020