Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 15th June 2021

Annual leave today which brings a change of emphasis. I still walked for 30 minutes early on, but after that the day is my own. Nothing planned specifically though I do have things to do.

First on my list is to return the pair of trousers I ordered for an upcoming wedding.  They fit more or less, but I think their definition of slim fit would more accurately be described as skeletal fit (bearing in mind there is a fit described as 'skinny' which I assume to be even more close fitting than slim).  It never ceases to amaze me how much the clothing industry manages to interpret the same words to mean something different. I guess, of course, it could be that I am becoming overweight and 'slim' is me clinging on to my youth. Hmmm.

Read more of book club novel and continued with my re-reading of 'Ulysses', reinvigorated by tomorrow being Bloomsday, though I will attempt to read sections at the times they occur, as much as work (for I am back at work tomorrow) will allow.

Briefly listened to some music (Killing Joke (In Dub) and Sophia Kennedy) before having a call with my younger sister for an hour or so, discussing life's challenges.

Dinner accompanied by 'Spooks' before retiring to bed and sleep.

Stereolab / 'Need To Be' / 'Margerine Eclipse'

[Somewhere else; it's sung in French - I'm sold!]



[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020