Lockdown Diary - Sunday 13th June 2021

Usual start to a Sunday, just with added sunshine.

A white wash to do, naturally, but after that not that many chores I need to do, or at least that I can be bothered to do.

It's such a gorgeous day I decide to read 'The Observer' in the garden, followed by a bit of this month's book club novel.

In the afternoon sons 1 and 2 were heading out round to a friend's house to meet up with a bunch of other school friends, leaving me in the house alone. I'm not in a reading frame of mind, so music it must be.  I'm not in a very thinking oriented frame of mind either, so I think it's going to be my playlist on random with a few manual interventions if it throws up anything I'm not in the mood for.

I'm beginning to think 'Diary of a Madman' (with apologies to Gogol, if I choose it) is the best title for this blog, post-lockdown, whenever that may be. Not 100% committed (😁) to it yet, but it's a jacket that's beginning to fit. Strait.

It turns out that sons 1 and 2 will eat out, so change of plan on the dinner front:  son #3 and I will have a takeaway. Another! Going Turkish again, this time for the more upmarket local Turkish restaurant.

We at it whilst watching the Netherlands vs. Ukraine, which is practical heretical for me, but watch it we did.  I was chatting with someone on WhatsApp, so it didn't have my undivided attention, and to be honest, it's pretty hard for football to keep my attention, or any sport for that matter. It calls for a very unusual alignment of the planets.

After that was over, time to tidy up and get ready for bed.  Whilst I was getting ready for bed sons 1 and 2 returned home with a surprise guest, namely son #1's gf.

Off to sleep ready for next exciting instalment in this interminable soap opera called life. Let me off, I've had enough.

Pond / 'Sweep me Off My Feet' / 'The Weather'



[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020

Lockdown Diary - Friday 18th December 2020