Tales From The Crypt - Friday 16th September 2022

Walked first thing again, though it's noticeably colder this morning.  Autumn is coming!

The weekend beckons, and it promises to be a little different. More on that story later.

Before that, of course, work and a busy day ahead, I suspect.

After a tip from Q, I've put up a request on the Checkatrade website for someone to replace the shower in our en-suite. Watch this space.

Late in the afternoon, I called my father-in-law at his nursing home.  I was prompted to do so because I'd had a couple of missed calls from him. Turns out these were made in error, but it was good to have a chat and see how he's doing.

Around 7 a plumber popped by in response to my Checkatrade request.  Did a survey of the bathrooms. Sounds promising. Could do with another quote.

All the while I was working, tonight's dinner was cooking in the slow cooker. It just needed some mashed potato and some green veg.  Once served, there was a large portion left, which I'll freeze for dinner on Wednesday night before I head to the gig.

Dinner made we all sat down to eat together and watch the first episode of 'Los Espookys'. Cool. Very cool.

Reading, a chat with Q (on return from her leaving dinner) and sleep.

Boards Of Canada / 'Roygbiv' / 'Music Has The Right To Children'


[[One of my favourite instrumentals, though it's infuriatingly short.  It has a long fade-out, and you can hear the sinuous synth snaking between the bass notes.  Somewhere I reckon they have a longer version hidden away.  One day, one day. This is pure auditory heaven, especially around 48 secs in when the synth playing the melody kicks in.  LAKE!!!]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020

Lockdown Diary - Friday 18th December 2020