Tales From The Crypt - Tuesday 27th September 2022

The removal guys are here already and the packing is underway, but while they get started I'm about to head off to get my COVID booster.

Back from the town centre, after a brisk walk both ways, and, as luck would have it I managed to get a flu jab as well, so both arms are punctured. I've noticed that these days they always say 'just a small scratch' ahead of the wounding. Clearly, NHS staff are no longer versed in 'Carry On' films.

I have returned to a scene from Dante's 'Inferno'. Well, OK, I exaggerate a little.  If I recall correctly, over time entropy tends towards zero, right now it has a way to go.  To be fair it is very well organised there are just boxes everywhere: the packing of the glasses and china has been very careful and thorough.

One thought occurs to me though: if I'm ever to move house again, I really need to start emptying the loft and disposing of stuff I don't need.
The thought of the loft contents scares me!! I'm forgetting about that for now. 

Most things are packed up now, and ready for loading tomorrow.  This has one major consequence, we have nowhere to sleep!  Luckily Q has planned for this and we're staying in a local Ibis tonight, and, not only that, she's booked a table at a local Lebanese restaurant as well.

Back from dinner,  time for TV, and sleep via Nick Cave and Stevie Smith.

The Dandy Warhols / 'Plan A' / 'Welcome To The Monkey House'


[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

New Choons Two (Of Three)

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Wednesday 26th July 2023

Tales From The Crypt - Saturday 4th September 2021

Lockdown Diary - Friday 16th April 2021

Tales From The Crypt - Saturday 13th November 2021