Tales From The Crypt - Friday 23rd September 2022

It's raining this morning and also dark and so I've decided to skip my walk. Maybe I'll walk after work with the boys.

As today is my last working day until October, I have a very busy day ahead. 

For some inexplicable reason, I incorrectly identified the last song in Robyn Hitchcock's set on Wednesday.  The title I gave it is both one of the lyrics as well as the title of the album from which it comes, however, the song is actually called 'Airscape' and it's up there as one of my favourites.  Silly me.

To make amends to all those I've offended here is a very comprehensive set list from a fan group:

Robyn on Acoustic Guitar:

Serpent at the Gates of Wisdom (Robyn also on Harmonica)
Ole Tarantula! (Robyn also on Harmonica)
My Wife and My Dead Wife 
Tonight 
Raymond and the Wires
The Man Who Loved the Rain
The Lizard 

Robyn on Electric Guitar with Morris Windsor:

Oh Right Yeah (Morris on Tambourine and Bass Drum)
Winchester (Morris on Brushed Full Drum Kit, and Backing Vocals)
One Day (It's Being Scheduled) (Morris on Egg Shaker and Backing Vocals)
My Mind is Connected... (Morris on Snare Drum, Egg Shaker, and Backing Vocals)
Museum of Sex (Morris on Maracas, Full Drum Kit and Backing Vocals)
Goodnight Oslo (Morris on Full Drum Kit and Backing Vocals)
Insanely Jealous (Morris on Full Drum Kit and Backing Vocals)

Robyn on Electric Guitar joined by: Jessica Lee Morgan (Guitar and Backing Vocals) Christian Thomas (Bass and Backing Vocals) Morris Windsor (Drums and Backing Vocals)

Queen of Eyes 
Brenda's Iron Sledge 
Oceanside 
Airscape

I'm also breaking with tradition and making 'Airscape' today's song. I love it.

I've cooked another slow cooker meal today, this time sausage cassoulet, which we eat with some rather wonderful large couscous.

I watch more of Simon Reeve in South America: tonight (he probably isn't) he's in Brazil and looking at the impact of covid on the population of Manaus, especially the indigenous peoples who moved there.  It's possible that the Brazilian government is worse than hours, though give Lizzie a few weeks...

To bed via a chat with Q, the rest, they say, is history.

Robyn Hitchcock & The Egyptians / 'Airscape' / 'Element Of Light'


[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020