Tales From The Crypt - Saturday 24th September 2022

Saturday morning is going to be spent doing washing and shopping, give or take.  Key amongst the shopping will be a trip to Boots to pick up E's medication as I'm hoping to be away for around ten days, which may be a tall order.

Over the next 10 days, I'm hoping to help Q pack and then move to Liverpool to start her new job. Should be tiring and fun.

I'm back from the shops, having spent the majority of the time in Boots: from joining the queue before it opened to departing with most of the meds was almost an hour.  Needs must and all that.  I did chat with a woman who used to work in the supermarket and knew E  before she became really ill.  I updated her on the situation now and managed to remain sanguine, something I have struggled with in the past.

Home to hand washing out, put another load on and pack optimistically for my planned time away.

I've left everything in the hands of the boys and hope my trust is well-placed. I think it is.

I'm all packed if a little late in departing to Q's house.  We're going to afternoon tea with friends of hers, the first friends I've properly met.

The journey down was slower than normal owing to a combination of motorway closures, roadworks and at least one accident, and so my route was an unusual one.

Despite the traffic problems I arrived in plenty of time to go for afternoon tea at the allotted hour.

Back from a very enjoyable afternoon tea: I have a new bee in my bonnet. Enneagrams.  Watch this space.

A quiet evening - we're both very tired - and we have curry while watching the first episode of 'Bloodlands', which Cate has seen but I haven't.

Goodnight Vienna.

The Waeve / 'Can I Call You' / (Single)


[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020

Lockdown Diary - Friday 18th December 2020