Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 27th February 2023

The working week begins here, at least for Q. I have a day of 'Hades' ('Ulysses'), weekend papers, 'Bad Sisters', Radcliffe and Maconie, and whatever else takes my fancy, planned. 

Once I've done some online admin, I start reading 'Hades' and as time passes eleven and I'm four or five pages from the end of the chapter, I decide it's time to head out for a walk. I'm planning to visit Calderstones Park and aim to exceed my 30-minute brisk walking target, whilst exploring the area.

Suitably shod and dressed (it's still a bit chilly) I head off.

Back now, my walking target was exceeded, and it was worth the exploration. There is a lot to explore in the park, though you have to watch out for the dog turds if you stray from the tarmac. Sadly I fell foul (😀) of one of the aforementioned Richard the Thirds.  Next time I walk there I shall explore further, though when I'm working tomorrow I don't think I'll have time to walk that far.  Here are a few photos from my walk...





Back home to meditate, make lunch and return to 'Hades' after a bit more of 'Bad Sisters' whilst I ate.

I've finished reading 'Hades' and am leaving it to sink in. On the surface, it seems fairly straightforward and Bloom's inner monologue is much simpler than Stephen's, though there are turns of phrase that are more complex. The chapter's theme is clearly death, natural or not, and touches on a couple of the more difficult aspects of death as they relate to Bloom's life, specifically his father's suicide and the infant death of his son.  It is a very powerful chapter with a very emotional setting, their friend Paddy Dignam's funeral.

After reading the weekend's papers, my brain felt fully exercised and so I started to watch the final episodes of 'Bad Sisters'.  Q came home from work during one of these and after a catch-up about her day (and vice versa), I settled back to finishing the series.  Q's daughter, Φ, arrived before I'd finished and did wonder why Q was watching it again. Apart from a few triggering aspects, it was an excellent story with some nice twists and black humour.  Well-worth watching, with great acting, and many laughs.

We're having chicken enchilada for dinner tonight (where n=2) and Φ helped make the dinner and regaled us with some fun tales of her day at uni.  More light is brought into our day.

Dinner was delicious with interesting conversation and after clearing up, Q and I sat down t watch another episode of 'North Sea Connection'.

Here endeth today's lesson.

Was (Not Was) / 'Anything Can Happen' / 'What Up Dog?'



[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020