Love, Poetry and Revolution - Saturday 25th February 2023

The plan for today is to head to Liverpool, but my day began at around 4 am when son #2 came into my room to use the ensuite, before leaving for the airport at around 4:30.  I'd asked him to say goodbye before her left and then I tried to return to sleep, not very successfully.

I'm off to the shops now to pick up some bread for son #1 and some lunch for my journey north.

Home now to get the packing done with the goal of setting off around lunchtime.  There is no point in me getting there before 3 as it's an open day at the university which means the place will be swamped with potential students and their families, and, more to the point, their cars and thus difficulty finding somewhere to park.

I have arrived in Liverpool and found a parking spot close by. Q's home and popped out to help me move the kitchen sink and library in.

We had a relaxing afternoon, talking and watching some TV, and before long it was time for dinner, a delicious orzo-based dish made by her daughter.

Q and I are both tired - she's been at the open day today and I didn't get as much sleep as I'd hoped for - and so we head for bed early.  Son #2 has been travelling to Costa Rica today, originally it was meant to be via New York, but thanks to his airline connections he's switched to travelling via Houston rather than face a 10-hour delay on the NYC flight.  He arrives in Houston before we sleep and is about to eat what looks like the biggest burger ever.

The Revolutionaries / 'Kunta Kinte Dub' / 'Drum Sound - More Gems From the Channel One Dub Room 1974-1980'



[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020

Lockdown Diary - Friday 18th December 2020