Love, Poetry and Revolution - Saturday 11th February 2023

Slow Saturday.  Q and I have a late breakfast of Danish pastries whilst her daughter is getting her hair cut. We're planning an outing for the day, once we're all ready to go out.

A decision has been made. We're heading for the Anthony Gormley exhibit, 'Another Place' on Crosby beach.  On arrival, as it's well after lunchtime, the consensus is it's time for lunch and we should head for a pub. Q suggested a pub called 'The Pheasant', which is a short drive away. Unexpectedly, or perhaps given the number of years since passed, it turns out I have been there before with E, her mum and a cast of other son different occasions.  Many places I drove through brought back memories, quite strange.

The food at 'The Pheasant' was good but slow to arrive. After a two-course lunch we headed back to the beach, and now the tide is out and still receding.  I've wanted to see 'Another Place' for a long while, so it was great to finally do so.  In the end I took over 60 photos.  Here are a couple below...



We all had a good day and returned home via Edge Lane M&S and then a fuel stop to refill my car ahead of my journey home tomorrow.

Eating at lunchtime makes me feel full for hours, so we had a 'picky tea' of bread, cheese and meat while Q and I watched another one-and-a-half episodes of 'Happy Valley', and then, when all three of use watched a couple more episodes of 'Bad Sisters'.  Great fun!

Curved Air / 'Back Street Luv' / (Single)


[[I remember this single being in the charts and, for some inexplicable reason, I especially remember Sonja Kristina on Top Of The Pops. I guess you could describe it as a significant phase in adolescence.]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020