Love, Poetry and Revolution - Friday 10th February 2023

Another working day, with the joyful interruption of a lunchtime coffee on campus with Q.  After a relaxing coffee I headed home and heated up leftover curry for lunch.  YYPB!

Back to work which ended with me completing a couple of sustainability courses that I am required to complete. There's also a multiple-choice certification to complete.  I need to get 80% but only manage to get 70%, so decide to retake it next week.  Different questions, but I'll get there.  It's the weekend now so, I'm stopping.

Q and I sit and watch the third episode of the final series of 'Happy Valley', and then we start to make dinner. 

Now I can find time to send an email to the 'Ulysses For All 2023 (UFA 2023)' reading group sharing a link to Aleister Crowley's review of 'Ulysses' from way back when. 

We eat dinner together before returning to the lounge to watch a couple of episodes of 'Bad Sisters'. More Dublin! I just can't get enough.

It's been a tiring week and it's now time for some sleep, by way of poetry.  This week there have been two poems by Adrian Mitchell, the best of which is called 'Celia  Celia':

When I am sad and weary
When I think all hope has gone
When I walk along High Holborn
I think of you with nothing on

Belle and Sebastien / 'Juliet Naked' / 'Late Developers'


[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020