Tales From The Crypt - Friday 17th December to Tuesday 21st December 2021

The longest coverage yet! All of this is being written after the event as, despite not being at work, life is very busy one or the other...

...consequently this will be very much a summary of events.

I got up on Friday morning and now it's Wednesday. The end.

No! I can do better that.  Probably, but maybe not a lot.

Friday lunch time I headed for the start of a long weekend on the south coast.  I arrived a little before 2 pm and so began a wonderful weekend of happiness and joy: Christmas shopping, coffee shop visits, films ('The Last Thing He Wanted'), music, dancing and a trip to the pub.

I returned back to my other world on Monday evening and so began the return to the Christmas countdown.  Son's 1 and 2 are out for the evening and so son #3 and I ate together and watched a HIGNFY he'd not seen (though I have now seen 3 times!)

Tuesday turned out not be the droid I was looking for, though on a positive note all three sons got their Covid boosters at a nearby hospital, so we're all triple jumpers in this house.  Sadly the day didn't end as planned culminating in having to chuck the dinner we had planned away 'cos it was out of date.  Not that keen on out of date raw chicken.

As you are probably aware it is the season to be merry, so I have chosen two songs today (shouldn't it be five, given the coverage??). One is very old, though I've only recently heard it, and the other is more recent and is an actual Christmas song, though one of the saddest ones ever recorded. Sad though it is, it is a favourite of mine (miserable bastard!!!) Much ado about bugger-all. Here goes...though be warned - there may be more words...

Affinity / 'Mr. Joy' / 'Affinity' 


[[As the song unfolds it becomes clear that 'Mr. Joy' is not a person but a device.  I'm not sure how many songs are hymns to vibrators, but I suspect there aren't many others.  Incidentally the song was written by the wonderful Annette Peacock, a subject for another day.]]

Low / 'Some Hearts (At Christmas Time)' / '(Single)' 


[[A bundle of contradictions: a very sad song as well as being one of my favourite Christmas songs.  Eagle-eyed, super-hip and cool readers will also know that Low recorded one of the best (if not THE best) Christmas album, 'Christmas']]

[[ ]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Tales From The Crypt - Friday 2nd July 2021

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021