Tales From The Crypt - Monday 27th December 2021

Started the day with a lie-in until 7! Maniac! Rebel!  When the first carer arrived I was up but neither showered or dressed, and we chatted about the weekend and what we'd done. The she left for the next client and I decided to get ready for the day...

First goal is a trip to the shops to buy pastry, baking beads and curry paste to deal with the remaining turkey - who are you calling a turkey? 

Back from the shops.  By some miracle I managed to get the last pot of ceramic baking beads from Robert Dyas and the last pack of pastry (frozen) from the supermarket. My supermarket trip was unexpectedly expensive, as it turned out on a previous occasion when I'd visited my card payment had not gone through and the cashier hadn't noticed until after I'd gone.  Since she knows me she called me over to her till to pay and got a supervisor to get the original bill which I paid this time.

Found time to almost finish reading my newspaper backlog, watch some more of the first episode of 'Get Back', and do my physio exercises, before starting the process of making the turkey pie by blind-baking the base.

A little later it was time to make the pie itself, which turned out unexpectedly well and was liked by everyone.  Let's hope tomorrow night's curry is at least as good.

We watched 'Shaun the Sheep' over dinner followed by dessert and a game of 'Backpackers'.

Until tomorrow...

William Doyle /  'And Everything Changed (But I Feel Alright)' / 'Great Spans of Muddy Time' 



[[ ]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020