Tales From The Crypt - Saturday 11th and Sunday 12th December 2021

Away for the weekend again, but not before I've done the usual shopping and washing shizz.  I'm really looking forward to this weekend as I'll be having my first Christmas celebration of the season with a friend - we're planning the whole works: full turkey dinner with all the trimmings, Christmas pudding, crackers, presents, the whole shooting match.

Chores done, loading the car with food, presents and overnight stuff.  Off I go!!

[The rest of this has been written retrospectively]

Had an amazingly wonderful Saturday, chilling and finally evading the nagging headache.  Great Christmas dinner in three parts, watching the hilarious film 'Young Offenders', and opening presents and cards.

Sunday was equally chilled with a trip to the local bakers before heading to town for a coffee and a brief Christmas shop. I also made a discovery: if I delay taking my sertraline by a few hours, I start to feel weirdly light-headed and unwell. Need to be careful in the future!

A brief conversation about why I like Thin Lizzy's song 'Still In Love With You' and the unlikelihood of finding a common thread between the music I like the most along with a lot more chilling until it sadly became time to head home. 

After arriving home, I made dinner with son #2 and we watched HIGNFY, before he demonstrated what we could do with the Google Chromecast he's purchased.  So far, nothing of interest to me, though it will mean I can more easily cast my phone to the TV the next time I need to do so.

The day ends as it now ideally does...

Róisín Murphy / 'You Know Me Better' / 'Overpowered'


[[ ]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020