Tales From The Crypt - Tuesday 14th December 2021

It's gonna be one of those 'not much to say days' or at least 'not much time to say it' days.

All the usual things have happened, though my stress levels remain at a seasonal high.  If I get some more things done it, may reduce from red to orange level, but so far - and I've been saying this for over a week now - that hasn't happened. In fact, if anything, it's on the way up again! Bugger!

Mid-afternoon I got a call from a doctor at the hospital where my mother-in-law is a patient.  Although they are still treating her for an infection, they are increasingly of the view that it's more likely she's had a stroke, and they should run an MRI scan today which should confirm this diagnosis, hopefully, unlike the earlier CT scan of her head. If that is the case, and she's still not talking, moving, or keeping her eyes open for long, then she could be in hospital for quite some time.  She may or may not recover, it depends on the extent of the damage, and only time will tell. There is much more, but I'm still processing it all.

In the event, tonight's outing has been postponed until next week, assuming I can make it. I should be able to, but there are complications!!

Son #1 and I had dinner together, though son #2 and I made it (he did most of it, to be fair), after which son #2 spent the evening online with his gf.

After that I went to bed as per the new regulations!!

The Doobie Brothers / 'Long Train Runnin'' / 'The Captain and Me'


[[ ]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Tales From The Crypt - Friday 2nd July 2021

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021