Tales From the Crypt - Tuesday 30th November 2021

Apart from work, I also have an outpatient appointment at the hospital this morning during which time I'll need to drop off three bottles of feed for E.

Back from hospital, the usual outcomes test-wise, but at least I did have a good conversation with the consultant who performed my operation, which was very useful.  Played a game of bladder bingo and my guess was only 20ml out, despite that, the nurse said she couldn't give me a prize as she didn't have any. Not sure it's worth playing this game.

Prior to my appointment I went to drop off some feed bottles for E.  On arrival I got a surprise: apparently E's bay contains/contained someone who was determined to have Covid so they are operating the bay under Covid protocols. I managed to drop off the feed and say a quick 'hello' to E, who was fast asleep, and then after saying goodbye, head off for my appointment.  E remains on oxygen and it's a little worrying that she may be in contact with someone who has Covid, given she is so high risk, though luckily she is triple-jabbed.  On the way out I spoke to a physio who'd been trying to contact me and discussed the discharge arrangements care-wise, though based on what the nurse said the likelihood of E coming home tomorrow is diminishing.

Home for work...which constitutes most of the rest of the day...until the evening.

Son #2 did most of the cooking whilst I cleared stuff up, leaving me to eat alone whilst watching OGWT.

The day came to an end in what's fast becoming the new normal way...

The The / 'Slow Emotion Replay' / 'Dusk'



[[ ]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Tales From The Crypt - Friday 2nd July 2021

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021