Tales From The Crypt - Thursday 2nd December 2021

Another working day, and another day that E will remain in hospital, sadly. She has to be off oxygen for 24 hours without a problem before they'll let her come home, fingers crossed it will be tomorrow.

I've arranged to go in and see her after work, though the available time slot is not ideal.

Lots of progress made work-wise today against a backdrop of much uncertainty and multiple calls to the hospital and the care agency.

Heading off to hospital now - supposed to be going to a birthday drinks later, though this looking doubtful...

Back from hospital: nearly didn't get to see E, despite being told I could when I booked it. The bay (maybe the ward?) is operating under Covid protocols, so initially the staff nurse wasn't going to let me see E. After consultation with someone more senior, I was allowed to visit E 'at my own risk'.  Tough decision: I was masked, aproned and gloved and I decided to say 'hello', though I didn't stay long as I felt that I was taking a great risk and I noticed all the nurses had FFP2 masks as opposed to the normal ones.  There is a chance E will come home tomorrow, and I was told to call back around 11:30 tomorrow for an update.  When E is released she'll have to self-isolate for 14 days, which won't be difficult for her, but does mean we should all take extra care around her once she returns.  I'm trying to block out thoughts about the risk of Covid to her all the time she's there, as there's nothing I can do about it. I guess I'll just have to do a lot of lateral flow tests for the next few days.

Given that I may have been exposed to Covid, I can't risk going to a book club friend's birthday party as I really don't want to share that risk. Instead I join the Idler drinks with author and shepherd James Rebanks.

A great talk (I missed the beginning as it was a nightmare exiting the hospital car park, not to mention losing my car park ticket (I told you not to mention that)) with some really powerful points about how successive governments view farming (especially the current one) and food poverty / poverty in general.  Time for action, not words.

The after drinks chat was especially engaging tonight and had some good interactions, sharing a lot of my current challenges / frustrations, whilst also saying I am feeling upbeat and there are good things going on.

Throughout the evening the chat group I'm in with some Thai friends was very lively, sharing pictures of food, and some supposed sweetcorn cobs which I suspect aren't intended for eating.  These are the random things that add spice to life!

Son #2 cooked dinner on his own and we sat down watched Frankie Boyle together whilst we ate.

All the usual close of day things apply.

The Comet is Coming / 'Birth Of Creation' / 'Trust In The Lifeforce'



[[ ]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Tales From The Crypt - Friday 2nd July 2021

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021