Love, Poetry and Revolution - Easter Day (Sunday 9th April 2023)

For the third consecutive morning I wake up in a different bed.  Bed hopper or global jetsetter? Who can say. 

Apart from tackling the holiday-induced washing backlog, my plan for the day is to read the paper mountain, finish reading 'Sirens' and prepare to read 'Cyclops'.

I've finished 'Sirens' and I love it.  The way Joyce uses language to imitate the rhythms and melodies of music is breath-taking. The idea that the first section is the sound of the orchestra tuning up, prefiguring snippets of what's to come makes it even more enjoyable.  Pure joy.

It was such a nice day that I went for a walk before indulging in chocolate, managing over 30 minutes of brisk walking after all that mental exercise.  The washing has dried outside (a first for 2023) and I return to the final bit of reading before I clear up to the sound of music (not the film, which coincidentally is on TV at the same time - whatever happened to 'The Great Escape'?)

I'm in the early stages of teaching myself Spanish via Duolingo, as is Q, who is way ahead of me.  It could come in handy in the short-term and beyond.

Across the day a T-shirt is being designed, with inputs from a friend from school, M, and Q. (How much of the alphabet is left?)  It's looking really good.  

More music as I make dinner ('There's a Plaice (sic, as a parrot) For Us') and eat while watching MAFSA, followed by 'The Wild Isles', once we become fully quorate.

A chat with Q followed by a (hopefully) grey-noise induced sleep (White noise tomorrow night, perhaps).

Sunflower Bean / 'I Was A Fool' / 'Twentytwo In Blue'


[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020