Love, Poetry and Revolution - Saturday 22nd April 2023

I wake up feeling thirstier than a camel lost in the dessert, but at least I don't have the hump.  Overnight I drank about three-quarters of a litre of water and I'm still thirsty.  I'm beginning to suspect that the lamb we at last night may have been grazing but the Dead Sea, just prior to its untimely demise. Either that or someone accidentally bumped into the chef as he was seasoning the meat.

When I awake there's a guest in the house, though an expected one.  A pleasant surprise.

Q and I have a lazy start which is underpinned by a lot of water consumption.  Q is off to work for an applicants day whilst I go and get my barnet trimmed at the local barbers.  It being Liverpool, there was a lot of banter and it was suggested that I get a Mr. T trim, I declined.  The topic changed to football and when we discussed who I supported, the hilarity increased for them.  It was all good light-hearted banter to brighten my morning.

I'd hung the remainder of the washing out before I left for the haircut and when Q returned we set about trimming some of the bushes in the way of the rotary dryer. (No, that's not a euphemism)

The weather seems threatening and so before we head to the supermercado, we bring all the washing in.  

Shopping done. Time for a late lunch.  

A fairly chilled day continues with dinner (stir fry), and episodes of MAFSA - it's time for bed and we're only one behind.

Robert Lloyd / 'Nothing Matters' / 'Me And My Mouth!?'


[[A great track from one of those inexplicably unsuccessful albums. I was going to choose the track called 'The Part Of The Anchor' (which does indeed include the obvious rhyme!) but that'll have to wait for another day. This is a great love song.]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020

Lockdown Diary - Friday 18th December 2020