Love, Poetry and Revolution - Friday 21st April 2023

There's been a sudden and dramatic temperature drop, or at least it feels that way, so much so that mid-morning I swap my t-shirt for a long-sleeved t-shirt.  Gnod to Acid Mothers Temple.

It's been a successful day and Q has now returned from work.  We are booked into a local Turkish restaurant for dinner tonight, which is Defne worth checking out.

The food was excellent and we both enjoyed our second consecutive date night of the week.  It's a friendly and welcoming environment, which turns out to be Φ-friendly as they don't serve everything smothered in sumac, which she's allergic to.  One lesson Q and I took from our visit - don't order too many starters because if you choose the mixed grill as a main, you will struggle. The lamb was cooked so well...who could resist? Not me, sadly, and so I probably overdid it a bit. I will pay for it.

Luckily we walked to and from the restaurant, as it's really close, and the exercise was a small consolation.  On the way back I was remarking that there are so many really good restaurants and an excellent chippy within walking distance that Q is really lucky.

The day comes to a close.  Last thing at night I discovered that Mark Stewart of The Pop Group fame has died. Sad news.

Massive Attack / 'Man Next Door' / 'Mezzanine'


[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020

Lockdown Diary - Friday 18th December 2020