Love, Poetry and Revolution - Thursday 27th April 2023

I heard a rumour that it was Spring and that Sum(m)er is icumen in.  The weather seems determined not to fall into line.  At this rate I'll be getting my winter coat out again.

Usual sort of Thursday with the exception of a visit by a nurse to change E's catheter. 

There are a couple of lines, or perhaps phrases that are worming their way into my head. It's called 'The Visitor' by Carolyn Forche.

In Spanish he whispers there is no time left.
It is the sound of scythes arcing in wheat,
the ache of some field song in Salvador.
The wind along the prison, cautious
as Francisco's hands on the inside, touching
the walls as he walks, it is his wife's breath
slipping into his cell each night while he
imagines his hand to be hers.  It is a small country.

There is nothing one man will not do to another.

Work's done and the Idler returns tonight (cue a song).  The guest speaker is Jenn Granneman talking about the Science of Being Sensitive. It was potentially very interesting, but I was distracted for some unknown reason. My mind was elsewhere. There is a test you can do to determine if you are highly sensitive, and this can be found on her website. I will try and do that later.

I stayed on after the call and there was some interesting chat, but I remained distracted and then was physically distracted as I had to go and make the dinner, as plans had gone awry due to buses not running as planned.

Over dinner we watched a bit of MAFSA but switched to HIGNFY to satisfy some of those present.

Next stop a call with Q and then sleep.  I'm going to start 'Oxen Of The Sun' soon, which will be a tough one.

David Bowie / 'Aladdin Sane' / 'Aladdin Sane'


[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020