Lockdown Diary - Monday 26th April 2021

As my world seems to shrink further and further, the less I have to say. Most of the usual things start my day, with the added excitement of more washing (where does it all come from?)

Slightly out of the ordinary things (as opposed to 'aliens calling at the front door requesting change for fuel' kind of out of the ordinary) that broke up my day included a call from my elder sister to let me know her birthday card had finally arrived and another visit from the community matron.

The CM's visit concluded that my wife is beating the infection and can stop the antibiotics as soon as the current bottle is completed, which should be no later than the end of Tuesday. These outcomes always feel like a 'stay of execution', and the rollercoaster continues its journey.

Moments before the CM arrived my younger sister phoned, so our conversation was interrupted.  After the CM left I called back and we had a long conversation about the troubles and difficulties she'd facing and also mutual commiseration session about the state of extracurricular lives.

As usual no-one else seems interested in walking and so I go for a walk on my own.  I need to walk more to expedite my recovery to full fitness, so I'm going out, come what may.  When I get back I've almost walked for 20 minutes, and so far no after effects.  Guess I have to keep on going, keep on pushing this week.

Making dinner with son #3 and then we'll watch the penultimate episode of 'The Serpent'.

Another 'seat of the sofa' episode, hopefully we'll watch the concluding one tomorrow night, then I'll have to decide if I want to read / re-read the book on which it's based...

...enough of that, to sleep and beyond...

Radiohead / 'House of Cards' / 'In Rainbows'

>

[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Tales From The Crypt - Friday 2nd July 2021

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021